Lifts the entire municipality
– With 0.5 million fruit trees, steep slopes, beautiful views, fjords, mountains and a lively and beautiful village, we feel that we have a lot to show visitors. Since we already have a lot of visitors in the summer, we now want to be able to showcase the municipality in the winter as well. In this connection, we came up with the smart guide Voice Of Norway, which makes our ideas possible, and which several players in Norway use.
- makes Edvard Grieg visible in smart guide
– Hotel Ullensvang is one of the Historic Hotels and they offer an exciting themed route in Voice Of Norway, which they call “In the footsteps of Edvard Grieg”.
– Here our visitors will hear that several of Grieg’s greatest works are inspired by the Hardanger nature, the culture and the people here, and that much of it is regarded as the most precious thing in Norwegian music, says Anke Kern. Furthermore, she explains that the hotel’s history began in 1846 and balances its rich traditions with modern facilities.
Hotel Ullensvang now offers a smart guide, to make the experience for visitors even better. They do this together with other local businesses. The guide is in several languages and is always available. A smiling Kern reveals that several exciting guide routes are in the works.
Alvavoll Fruit & Cider
-simplifies the storytelling
– All the hotel guests are invited to a garden walk at Alvavoll Fruit & Sidergard, says Harald Alvavoll, a fruitful collaboration to put it that way, laughs Harald.
-On these tours, visitors wander around the fruit plantation and at the same time learn about fruit growing. We find people interested in the subject, and many probably draw parallels to their gardens.
We also offer side tasting, which is very popular, smiles Harald.
De Historiske Hotell offers side safaris on the Hardangerfjord
Smart guide in many languages
- simplifies and supplements personal guide
– We have been guiding groups for several years. The large variations in the production of pages throughout the seasons, and an industry in rapid development, have meant that we have to update material and signs several times a year. In addition, there is a limit to how many languages a personal guide can speak and how many guided tours we can run per day, explains Harald.
A GOOD USE OF RESOURCES
With the smart guide, we can offer this information around the clock, in Norwegian, English and German, in addition to the fact that we are eventually thinking of adding even more languages. We get to tell the right story at the right time, by putting in routes that we activate and deactivate as needed. In this way, we can choose to run a personal guide when we have time and on special occasions, or simply meet the group at the very end so that they can ask additional questions if necessary. We also see that the smart guide can be a translator when only a few in the group use another language. We think this is the future and a good use of resources, he points out.
-offers a seamless travel experience for its guests
– Hotel Ullensvang has an agreement with The Fjords through the offer “Vision of The Fjords – Hardangerfjorden . This is an organized offer where tourists can jump on and off the boat and participate in activities such as side tasting at the fruit farms.
We also see that more people bring their bikes to be on site for a while, then walk the well-known and beautiful trails in the area here and spend the night and eat at the hotel, says Harald.
Side cruise Hardangerfjorden
Photo: The Fjords/Norway’s Best
Walk the most popular trails in Norway
– Yes, the Dronningstien at Lofthus is the most popular path in Norway, says Harald proudly. And we have several such great places, he says and mentions the beautiful Monk Stairs. The history along these routes is certainly appropriate to tell about in the smart guide, concludes Harald!
Side cruises on the Hardangerfjord are popular
The Fjords offers a seamless travel experience for its guests also in Geirangerfjorden, Oslofjorden, Nærøyfjorden, Hardangerfjorden and Lysefjorden.
Make local stories visible
-with the mobile phone as a guide
The Voice of Norway app contains everything visitors need!
- The map shows the way to the places (GPS)
- The audio stories start automatically now that they are in the right place
- The stories have professional narrators
- Many languages
- Pictures supplement what they see
With narration in many languages, pictures and maps
Smartguide - a sustainable solution
AVAILABLE TO EVERYONE
-Works on all smartphones
– With a guide on the phone, your guests can learn more about the place at their own pace, at all times of the day
– The solution is sustainable and suitable for everyone
– The content is based on GPS and you avoid visual pollution, which many signs can easily become
- Your guest uses his own mobile phone as a guide
- Easy to keep distance from others
- Can visit the place when there are few people there
The guide routes in the Voice Of Norway app
- a collaborative project with the whole of Norway
The Voice Of Norway app is used throughout Norway. Here’s how it becomes a joint service for everyone: to make the stories visible in their place – designed by yourselves.
Ta kontakt med oss for å få vite mer om hvordan du kan legge til rette for denne typen formidling i din region eller område!
Team Voice Of Norway