Close to the experiences
- in the audio guide
– The script is good and the content near and dear, says Bjørn Sundquist and boasts of author Jan Hogne Christiansen.
Some of the stories you will hear are also the stories of Sundquist’s parents and siblings! Several are still hurt, and when he reads he puts into words the feelings we have, and we feel both the goosebumps and the lump in the throat.
Humor and banter
Other stories are humorous and confirm that Hammerfest has the most beautiful ladies in the world and that Hammerfest is still the world’s northernmost city. We can also confirm that Hammerfest are the only ones with bans in the audio guide! Sundquist is very proud of what has been written about his town and is happy that we are taking care of the stories.
Audio guide: Bjørn Sundquist’s Hammerfest
-The stories, with Sundquist’s voice and pictures, are available in the app Voice Of Norway, which you can download on your own smartphone.
-During the launch, from the 17 – 20. June, all 5 routes we have created will be free for all those who want to hear these stories. After launch, this will be a paid route, explains Sten.
Bjørn Sundquist's Hammerfest
-Join a tour of Hammerfest’s streets. Here you will hear many stories, both dramatic, about scares and some historical:
- About the name Hammerfest
- Pomor trade
- The meaning of the polar bear
- Northern Lights – did you know they scared the kids with the Northern Lights?
- Napoleonic War
- The city fire
- The multicultural Hammerfest
- The hammer fastening
- A tribute to the ladies
HAMMERFEST'S GREATEST SON
– This is the first time I have met Bjørn Sundquist, says Sten. In fact he grew up just 5 houses away from my house. Sundquist was a small boy and had his family in the area here, he is well known, and he is “ours”, smiles Sten and thinks it is great to meet after only having seen him on TV.
Sten Harald Norund Hansson and Bjørn Sundquist
6 guided routes in Hammerfest - with different themes
With an audio guide on their own mobile, travelers can be individual even if they are traveling in groups. In the same place, some can choose to hear about the technology city, while others can listen to stories about the renaissance city.
We are launching 6 guide routes in Norwegian, English and German, but more will be added later. All routes have local voices and Bjørn Sundquist reads the intro to all routes.
THE GUIDING IS LOCATION DETERMINED
Follow the map in the app to the locations, and the stories start when you are at the right location, completely automatically.
- Bjørn Sundquist’s Hammerfest – 13 stories, mostly intended for the Norwegian audience.
- National Tourist Route – 15 stories that are a supplement to what you see during the trip.
- The birds – 12 stories that are specially adapted for those who come with Cruise and Hurtigruten.
- Salen og Storvannet – 7 stories
- Hammerfest center – 25 stories
- Havøysund – 18 stories from Hokel, a Sea Sami village.
Teaches local history with audio guide
– Here there is a lot to learn about one’s own hometown, both for those who have lived here for a while, immigrants, younger people and schools, concludes Sten proudly and invites everyone to go out and get to know the municipality.
For example, did you know that:
- there was absolutely nothing to rebuild the town on after the town fire?
- an adult only took 12 kg from their life when they had to flee?
- people buried things, like a barber’s chair, hoping to come home and find it again?
- You don’t have to borrow equipment
- Easy to keep distance from others
- You visit the place when there are few people there
Use your own mobile as a guide
Everything you need is in the Voice of Norway app!
- The map shows the way to the places (GPS)
- The audio stories start automatically now that you are in the right place
- The stories have a professional narration
- Pictures supplement what you see
- Available all year round and around the clock
- Remember earplugs for a good listening experience
The guide routes in the Voice Of Norway app
- a collaborative project with the whole of Norway
The Voice Of Norway app is used throughout Norway. Here’s how it becomes a joint service for everyone: to make the stories visible in their place – designed by yourselves.
Ta kontakt med oss for å få vite mer om hvordan du kan legge til rette for denne typen formidling i din region eller område!
Team Voice Of Norway