The cultural capital Vestfossen
– Yes, yes, we call ourselves the Cultural Capital, here in the country, introduced, Petter Anthon Næss, who is the editor and project manager for this new digital guide in Vestfossen. – In the autumn of 2020, we wanted to create a digital guide that can make the experience of Vestfossen as vivid as possible. We landed on the solution for Experio AS, the audio guide Voice Of Norway. It has been quick to get started for all parties, and the first three routes are already available, Petter Anthon explains happily, and says that people are positive and looking forward to it!
Rich cultural life
The audio guide provides access in illegal places
– With a guide on their own mobile, people get to see Vestfossen in a new way. The guide brings the stories to life and is available around the clock and in all seasons. The gate at Fossesholm Herregård is always open, but the houses are only open at special times . The audio guide gives you access and you can even see where you are not allowed to be. Among other things, you get to see the historic interiors inside the houses. In addition, there are links to opening times, and we see this as a supplement to regular guides.
3 adventure tours:
- Voice Of Vestfossen
- Vestfossen cultural landscape
- Fossesholm Manor
The process is good
-Vestfossen Grendeutvalg has worked well to highlight Vestfossen in the audio guide. The village committee is a bridge builder between residents and a catalyst for activities and cultural life in the municipality. Here we work across politics, subjects, culture and the commitment is great, says Petter Anthon. He will highlight key people who have worked with the content of the app.
- Ellen Hals Hellerud – project administration
- Ellen Pauline Steen – hostess and manager
- Bent Ek – local historian who has written thousands of stories
- Stein Andersen – writer, historian, musician and bank director
- Bjørn Kristoffersen – visual artist, pictures
- Petter Anthon Næss – project manager and editor
Ellen Pauline Steen – hostess and manager
The village committee 2021, Petter Anthon Næss on the right
Morten Viskum and Bjarne Melgaard - digital experiences
-Vestfossen has a healthy local patriotism, which highlights art, culture and history. We mention; the strong labor movement and the physically working women, of whom we also see remnants today, radio theatre, baroque tours and the Haugians, who have their 250th anniversary this year. Hans Kristian Hauge was actually arrested here in Vestfossen. Together with well-known artists such as Morten Viskum and Bjarne Melgaard , we will develop the digital experience around art in collaboration with the Vestfossen Art Laboratory . I can say that all these topics are appropriate to present in the audio guide, he says.
Vestfossen Art Laboratory
Values freedom and openness
– We will show more sides of Vestfossen this autumn, with the aim of stopping even more people who are passing through, Petter Anthon concludes happily.
- You use your own mobile as a guide
- Easy to keep distance from others
- Visit the place when there are few people there
- Professional guide when it suits you
This is how the audio guide works
- With an audio guide on your mobile, you can easily find sights and other hidden gems nearby.
- The map shows where you are and where all sights are located.
- When you get to the point of interest, the story of this particular place is automatically told in a pleasant voice.
- In addition, you get to see supplementary images that enhance the experience.
- Many languages.
- Contagion-friendly and available around the clock.
The guide routes in the Voice Of Norway app
- a collaborative project with the whole of Norway
The Voice Of Norway app is used throughout Norway. Here’s how it becomes a joint service for everyone: to make the stories visible in their place – designed by yourselves.
Ta kontakt med oss for å få vite mer om hvordan du kan legge til rette for denne typen formidling i din region eller område!
Team Voice Of Norway